1 can coconut milk
1 can of water or 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
2 heaping table spoons of curry paste
cilantro stems and save the leaves for decoration
1/2 a chicken breast cut REALLY thin.
1 shredded carrot
a piece of lemongrass
juice from a lime
2 table spoons of fish sauce
a quarter size piece of ginger, chopped
habanero peppers and mushrooms are optional but recommended (depending on how spicy you like it put more or less habaneros, we put about 4 but the recipe says 2 or 3 would be enough).
1. Cook your cilantro stems, ginger, mushrooms and curry paste in a soup pot.
2. Add your coconut milk and water or chicken stock.
3. Then add your carrot, piece of lemongrass, habanero, lime juice and fish sauce.
4. Add the chicken and the shrimp and Bring it to a boil.
5. Once it has boiled put the rice noodles in and take it off the heat. let it sit for about 5 minutes then serve it with a lime wedge on the side and the cilantro leaves on top.